M.Sci., Physics, University of Durham, U.K.
Ph.D., Astrophysics, University of St. Andrews, U.K.
Astrophysics of compact objects (neutron stars and black holes), more specifically:
- Accretion across the mass scale: from neutron stars and black holes in X-ray binaries to Active Galactic Nuclei (AGN)
- Observational probes of the neutron star dense matter equation of state (neutron star radii and masses)
- Relativistically broadened iron lines, especially in neutron star low-mass X-ray binaries
- Accretion at low rates and quiescent emission from neutron star low-mass X-ray binaries
- Reverberation mapping of AGN
Assistant Professor, Wayne State University, 2012-
Postdoctral Research Fellow, Institute of Astronomy, University of Cambridge, 2010-2011
Schlumberger Research Fellow, Darwin College, University of Cambridge, 2010-2011
Chandra Fellow, University of Michigan, 2008-2010
Dean MacLaughlin Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Michigan, 2006-2008